Happy Halloween! The girls have been looking forward to today for weeks and they are SO happy it’s finally here. They’ve changed their minds about costumes about 20 times (any moms relate??) but I think we finally decided on a Fairy princess (Brielle) and a Unicorn (Brynleigh).
When it comes to styling my girls I love to coordinate their looks. Sometimes I dress them in matching outfits but I usually just choose pieces with colors & prints that pair well together as apposed to full on matching. You guys already know when it comes to kids’ fashion Nordstrom is one of my favorite places to shop for the girls. The kids’ clothes are always on-trend and Nordstrom carries all the brands we love and I have dressed the girls in for years. How cute is this polka dot dress I found a few weeks ago for Brielle?! This is a dress I would totally use for her in family pictures! Mixing prints is one of my favorite trends in kids’ fashion right now. I love to mix plaids, stripes or polka dots together for a fun, funky look for the girls. These striped leggings are so cute & classic and add a fun pop to any outfit, Brynleigh actually picked these out herself! The girls are getting to an age now where they have opinions and it’s so fun to see them start to add their own personal style to what they wear. 🙂
In honor of Halloween I thought it would be fun to share some of our families Halloween traditions! I hope you all have a fun & safe Halloween!! XO
- The Legend of Sleepy Hollow hayride at Conner Prairie – This is a tradition my family started when I was little here in Indy. If you follow me on Instagram you probably saw that we went a few nights ago! It’s the cutest Fall-type Festival in Indy that’s totally themed around The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. It’s every weekend in October leading up to Halloween. It’s so much fun and not too scary for little kids. The girls love to go every year! They have face painting, tons of food and snacks, a puppet show, Halloween karaoke, it’s a blast! There’s even a hayride where the “headless horseman” chases you at the end over a covered bridge (this may be too scary for toddlers but there are always a lot of young children on the ride and the girls love it!) .
- Going to an apple orchard- This is more of a Fall tradition in general but it’s one of our favorites! The girls love to go and pick apples and there’s a local orchard here in Indy that is so cute! They have a petting zoo and the cutest little shop where you can buy all types of apple goodies!
- Pumpkin Carving- This is a must and something my dad “Dad Dad” is usually in charge of. The girls LOVE to help carve the pumpkin and take all the “guts” out, as Brynleigh would say lol.
- Watching “It’s The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown” – Another tradition from my side of the family. My Dad has always been super into Halloween and I remember watching this movie every year with my family! It’s the cutest cartoon and now the girls love to watch it with us. 🙂
- Halloween cookies- After trick-or-treating the girls and I love to bake sugar cookies and decorate them with different Halloween sprinkles and decorations. I usually make homemade hot chocolate to go along with it (I just look up “easy hot chocolate recipe” on Pinterest and follow that!)
What are some of your favorite Halloween traditions?? XO
Girls’ Outfit Details:
My Outfit Details:
Thank you to Nordstrom for sponsoring this post!
Photos by Shelly Ruth Photography